Search for atmospheres
A Soft Spring Rain
Rainy Afternoon in Portland
You hear a lot about how it's always raining in the Pacific Northwest. But it isn't like it pours down rain for nine months straight. Usually it's just cloudy, or drizzling. Like today. The air is finally starting to warm up again, so you open the sliding glass door to the porch to let in the sound of the rain and the smell of wet earth. You're far enough outside the city that you only hear the occasional car go by over the sounds of birds and wind in the trees. Neighbors walk by outside, only a few actually carrying umbrellas. One of the cats comes to sit on you, and even though you're trying to read, or study, or get some work done, after a while you lean back and close your eyes. Just for a minute. And before too long, you fall asleep.
Comments for "Rainy Afternoon in Portland"
License details for "Rainy Afternoon in Portland"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- water_drops by Benboncan from http://freesound.org +)
- Bird Song by By Reinsamba - www.freesound.org +)
- crow call by Freesound.org +)
- Car pass by hinzebeat from freesound.org +)
- Purring by mich3d from freesound.org +)
- Light rain by RHumphries from http://freesound.org +)
- wind blow in the trees by www.soundsnap.com *)
- walking on concrete by youtube +)
*) Soundsnap.com license